From:
Laura Dell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:31:03 -0500
Please excuse cross-postings!

I'm currently working on a collaborative project among a PBS TV station
(WCET, Cincinnati), the Association for the Advancement of Arts Education
and the Cincinnati Art Museum to produce a DVD.  The DVD is targeted at
teachers and will focus on careers in the museum, especially curators and
arts conservators.  The DVD will allow us to show students parts of the
museum they never get to see on a visit.  The DVD will also contain
interdisplinary arts lessons and resources.

My question is has anyone produced an educational DVD or do they have any
they use in their education department that they could recommend?  I've
seen DVDs used with traditional movies, but I'm interested how in how the
medium can be used for educational purposes.  I've been looking at DVDs
all week, trying to determine what works best in layout and design.  Any
ideas or title recommendations that you have would be greatly
appreciated!

\\\////
Laura A.B. Dell
WCET Education & Technology (PBS)        (513) 381-4033, ext 338
1223 Central Parkway                                  (513) 381-7520  FAX
Cincinnati, OH  45214