From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:26:05 -0400
There have been several ethnographies done of this museum.  Look for James
Clifford's essay in Exhibiting Cultures and Michael Ames' Cannibal Tours
and Glass Boxes (or the earlier version Museums, the Public, and
Anthropology).  These should point you to other references on this museum
and its intriguing practices.  I think that there might also be some things
in education journals.

By the way, has anyone on this list ever actually managed to get their
hands on a copy of Kersti Krug's dissertation (the hypermediated
ethnography on CD-ROM)?  ILL and shamelessly begging the author have not
paid off in nearly a year of efforts, and I'm stuck as to what to do.

Kathy Mancuso

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:14:41 -0400, Michael Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The UBC Museum of Anthropology (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) has
>extensive open storage.
>
>Michael Bell
>Director
>Carleton University Art Gallery
>Ottawa, ON
>Canada
>

>On Monday 08 October 2001 15:14, you wrote:
>> Museum of International Folk Art, Paul Smutko, Collections Manager or
Renee
>> Jolly, Neutrogena Curator and Conservator. An interesting example
>> www.moifa.org.
>>
>> Denver Art Museum also has or had visible storage/exhibit on their New
>> World floor
>> http://www.denverartmuseum.org/

>> Rebecca Rich-Wulfmeyer
>> Austin History Center