From:
Carmen Langel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:30:16 -0600
Kim,

Although you can't match the hats to the box now, you might be able to do so
in the future (with a great deal of research).  I sympathize with your
storage dilemma, but the best choice would be to keep all the boxes and at
least try to document which 2-3 hats were found in each one. Second best is
to photo document them all and save one or two of the best examples from
each business or maker represented by the boxes. Hat boxes are an
interesting part of the hats' history and origins and your boxes are part of
the donor's original collection.   Good luck!

-Carmen Langel
Nat'l Czech & Slovak Museum & Library