From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 03:46:52 -0500
On March 22, 1996 David Haberstich wrote:

 Humor is a subjective thing, but I believe Scott Williams was right
about not having a free-for-all humor contest on this list. The anecdote
about not knowing the difference between Tokyo and Japan is a good
example of the risks: not a single person in my office thinks that's
funny or even mildly amusing. Sorry if we're a bunch of sourpusses...
David Haberstich

I enjoy Museum-L for it's informality and great variety of expression.  I
belong to several heavily moderated lists which tend to be highly technical
and fairly boring.

I think that Anita's suggestion has a legitimate place here in the Big Tent
of Museum-L and that we can all exercise our preferences  by pressing the
delete key if the subject is not one of interest.

In this same spirit I think that it would be only fair to ask those who want
to express their displeasure at the current thread, "A lighter note" to mark
their subject header: "Sourpuss".

This way, those of us who enjoy annecdotal and humorous communcation can
intelligently exercise our own delete keys.

Cheers,
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator of Metals & Arms