From:
"Ben A.G.Fuller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 10:35:28 EST
A discussion of performance measures appeared on this list about a year and a
half ago. I saved some of the references and can send them to any interested.
(Reply privately to save bandwidth.)  I found that at least one other
Museum-L'er,  Anita Manning of the Bishop Museum,  had done some original work
using IMS GOS data, namely creating ratios and spreadsheets based on
applications asked to survey. I did the same back when I was chief curator at
Mystic Seaport and  I was a GOS surveyor (something now not permitted because I
work as a academic/consultant). I can also send along my ratios and one could
ask Anita for the same.  If the raw GOS data were available (without narrative
and identifying information) some very useful research could be done.

A Happy, Healthy and Productive New Year to All.

Ben A.G. Fuller