From:
Claudia Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:16:26 GMT
Henry Crawford mentioned his mentoring efforts at the annual AAM meeting.
It seems like a good idea to me.  The Public History people have a formal
mentoring program for their annual meeting--perhaps AAM should establish
one at its annual meeting.

It would seem that most of the graduate students in museum stuff are already
on the list, so contacting them would be easy.  And, from what I have
observed here, there are many encouraging, nuturing professionals out there
that would be pleased to offer annual meeting tips to people just starting
out.

Well, Andy, since you are the only contact we have with AAM on this list,
how about it?  Will you pass this along to the annual meeting people
(Annie Storr?) and let us know if it is doable?

If it is not possible formally through AAM, perhaps we can set up something
here next year before Atlanta?

Claudia Nicholson
Curator of Collections
South Dakota State Historical Society, Pierre