Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 06:43:19 -0500
Greetings,

The deadline for submitting a program proposal for American Association of
Museums,
Media&Technology 2009 Philadelphia (April 30-May 4) is
approaching quickly. For Media&Technology endorsement, the deadline is
July 11,
Friday, 2008.

We would like to ask your participation. This is not an empty
solicitation, you will be responded to, and this is a direct path to
having your
voice heard...join in! You can download “AAM Session Proposal Guidelines
and Proposal Form” at http://www.aam-us.org/am/am09.cfm. At the same time,
please do not
hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or possible ideas. I am
here to
work with you!

The 2009 Theme: "The Museum Experiment"
We encourage you to search for new answers and/or discussions to the
following
and/or your own ideas, just let me know.

Technology and the Small Museum (all areas)
Best Models, Best Practice in Museum Online Learning and Educational
Programs Web 2.0–Innovative Uses and Practical Implications of Webware,
Geo-tagging, Community Networking, and Collaborative Workspaces
Packaging and Experimenting Social Participation/Social Networking  Beyond
Collection Access / Museum Mashup / User Generated Content  Evaluating
Museum Experiences – New Ideas, New Approaches
Future Trends in Museum Technology / Emerging Technology
Alternative Interactive Devices / Alternative Interfaces
Tapping the Potential of Online Teen Culture / Why Worry About Generation
Y? Making Archive, Library, and Collection Systems Work Together
Open Source Software Solutions for Small and Large Museums
Intersection of Art and Science / Experiment and Implications
Embracing Diversity of Participation / Thought and Action
Examining World Cultures to Promote Understanding and Tolerance

What can you do?
For those who attended the 2008 AAM conference in Denver, look over your
notes and
think back for a moment. Send me your comments as to what were the
outstanding
topics or individual speakers that you saw. What were the issues that you
would like
to see addressed again, in greater detail, or perhaps differently? Even if
you
didn't attend, take a moment to review the same questions: what
information or
topics need to be explored in a forum where so many diverse associates
gather?  What
should we, as a committee, be looking at as our important, central concerns?

DEADLINE FOR Media&Technology ENDORSEMENT is July 11, 2008.

Again, thanks to you all for being a part of this committee. I look
forward to our
further conversations.

My best,
Herminia Din
Program Chair, Media and Technology Committee
Associate Professor of Art Education
University of Alaska Anchorage
Email: [log in to unmask]

See your website for 2008 MUSE winners and other great informational
links: http://www.mediaandtechnology.org/muse/index.html
http://www.mediaandtechnology.org/