From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 20:04:13 EDT
>Does the person usually recieve any renumeration of any kind?

Did the individual offer them to the museum to use or did the musuem actively
seek ou this individual and request the prints?  If this is a case of teh
individual offered the use of prints, my vote would be a nice thanl you
letter from the museum, a note of acknowledge on the exhibit ("this exhibit
made possible by the generosity of..."), and perhaps a one-year membership to
the museum or other thank-you motion.  Thank them in your newsletter and the
annual volunteer brunch.  If the museum asked to borrow them, you might want
to ask the individual how you can compensate them.  Otherwise they might feel
that you "owe them" and make an uncomfortable request later on down the road
("I want that <thing> you're deaccessioning, remember I loaned you those
photos?")

>In this specific case the individual does not have ready to hang photos.  We
would >need to choose from prints and than decide who will be responsible for
>enlargements and mounting.
This situation makes me think the nice thank-you letter, etc described above
would be the way to go.  IMHO.  <-- In My Humble Opinion

hly