From:
Jay Kempen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:20:47 -0500
Friends and Colleagues --

As a gentle reminder...

The Department of Special Collections of Washington University in
St. Louis invites you to our latest exhibition entitled,"Architectonic
Fixations:  Photographs From the Collection of Russell Sturgis."

Join us as we examine select 19th century photographic prints of
architectural and sculptural gems from cities and archaeological sites
across the world from a remarkable collection of over 15,000 items.

Celebrated American architect, architectural historian, and critic Russell
Sturgis (1836-1909) amassed perhaps one of the most thoroughly exhaustive
collections of 19th century architectural photographs from the
most highly praised photographers and photographic editors of his
time.

A new selection of prints will be on display every two weeks.

Contact:  Jay Kempen (314) 935-5444

On display until 31 July 2001
Department of Special Collections
Olin Library, 5th Floor
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63130
Monday Through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00

340 images from the collection can be seen on our web site:
http://library.wustl.edu/units/spec/archives/guides/sturgis.html