From:
"Lanier,Dana" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:46:24 -0400
Hi Folks!

I work in the (small)education department of a (large) historical and
genealogical society.  The three of us in the department are responsible for
organizing, promoting, and running all aspects of over 50 education programs
yearly.  These programs range from week-long international tours to weekend
seminars to free public lectures.

In  order to process the registrations for these programs we have the
grueling task of filling out little paper registration slips, entering that
same information into a WordPerfect database, merging the data file with a
form file (whether that be a list of participants for our files,
confirmation letters, or nametags), stamping the slip "posted", then
entering the same information into a separate Paradigm97 membership
database, etc., etc. (You get the picture :(.)  We are in dire need of a
software program to handle registrations that will hopefully eliminate all
of this red tape that we do daily.

In addition, our society is revamping its Internet site, and we will soon be
able to take program registrations over the web. Please let me know if any
of you are familiar with a software program that will help us through this
jumbled mess.

Thanks!
Dana Lanier

Museum-L" (without the quotes).