From:
Rachel Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 15:41:57 -0500
Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life, seeks a talented and energetic college junior or senior for an exciting, educational, and unique internship experience in Mississippi.
Our intern will primarily be working on marketing museum outreach programs, developed in collaboration with the History and Community Engagement Departments.
   Duties may include:
•	Researching, developing and publicizing a traveling education trunk about the Southern Jewish Experience featuring items from the collection.
•	Developing educational content and marketing materials to supplement our Southern Jewish Heritage Tours,  Service Learning Trips and ongoing programming for the 2016 Natchez Tricennential celebration.
•	Working hands on with our collection items, accessioning new donations and writing content about our museum objects and archival materials for the website.

 A strong applicant will have an education or marketing background with an interest in southern and Jewish history. The applicant will have the ability to produce creative and engaging written content and interest in promoting cultural programs to a diverse audience. Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop desired.

Interns will reside in Jackson, Mississippi and receive a $2,000 stipend.  The internship runs from June 1 to August 5, 2016.  The ISJL will help locate lodging, though interns will be responsible for paying room and board.

To apply, send resume and cover letter to Rachel Myers  at [log in to unmask]
For more information about the ISJL Museum Department , visit our website www.isjl.org