From:
"Chaplock, Sharon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:59:02 -0600
Are any of your museums (or better, you!)  doing cataloging or developing content of learning objects?  I'm engaged in research concerning pedagogical approaches to learning objects based on museum collections.  Right now, I'd just like to get an idea of who may be working with learning objects in museums.  Just to be clear, I'm speaking of learning objects using Bank's definition of Learning Object: "a relatively small, reusable resource, through which a coherent, identifiable piece of learning can be achieved."  Small efforts or large projects such as Pachyderm are all of interest.

Thanks everyone!

Sharon

Sharon Kayne Chaplock

Marquette University