From:
Polly Forsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:31:57 -0400
I'm gathering information from libraries or archives that have newspaper/media clippings services.  If you have such a service, do you have a contract?  do you pay royalty fees? are you happy with your service?

We have a service for our PR dept that pertains to the museum but the service in question is clippings about artists.  We have over 200 artists that we gather clippings for (in the library) and continually add to these files.  We are now gathering in digital form and are researching services to compare cost, etc.

I have searched the SAA archive.  I would love to post to the SLA listserv but alas am not a member.  So far, I have found references for clippings collections but I'm looking for information regarding fee-based services.

Thanks in advance.

Polly Forsell
Technical Services Librarian

Country Music Hall of FameŽ and Museum