From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:45:37 -0500
 Jennie-

 As a Girl Scout leader I can tell you that anything that you do will be
appreciated.  My girls always like however that something they do when we go
to a museum or other activity relates to a badge that the troop is doing.
Have you contacted a local scout leader or district representative for
assistance?  They could probably arrange to help to badgework that might
relate to your historic location.  It is not necessary for you to have a
large staff.  Just create your activities in such a way that the troops
adults can assist you or so that the leaders themselves can do one or more
of the activities with the girls. Also know what age group you want the
program to be for Daisies are Kindergardeners, Brownies are grades 1-3,
Juniors are grades 4-6 and cadettes/senior are 7th and up.

Currently, Stonefield is developing an extensive scout program that will be
a sort of Camporee.  This program will be available to both Girl and Boy
Scouts hopefully next spring.  This will be an intensive three day activity
in which they will learn about nature (through the State Park across the
road from us), historical trades activities, architecture and preservation,
and historic farming.  Most of the staff for this will be provided by the
troops themselves with each activity lead by an "expert" from our staff or
that of the Nelson Dewey State Park who is assisted by a scout leader.

If I can assist you with answering any specific questions regarding your
site and Girl Scouting please let me know.  You are welcome to contact me
off the list if you would like.

Tracie Evans, Curator of Collections
Stonefield Historic Site, SHSW
PO Box 125