From:
Elizabeth Licata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 11:25:59 -0500
>Dear New York Museum-lers,
>
>I am planning a whirlwind trip to New York next weekend and would
>like to know if any colleagues in NYC could recommend an inexpensive
>hotel ( I know...in NYC it's expensive or very expensive).
>
>Also, is it worth it at all to go a 1/2 or an hour out of town to
>find a better price? It's just a one-night stay and I wouldn't be
>going back into town anyway.
>
>Any leads (with a phone number if possible) would be much
>appreciated.
>
>Gratefully,
>
>John Nolan

You might want to try the Pickwick Arms or the Excelsior. The Leohouse is
also quite cheap, but you need to reserve far in advance. Sorry I don't
have phone numbers, but they're all in the book, thus available through
directory assistance.

If you only have one day, I wouldn't create the extra hassle of staying
outside of the city.

E. Licata
Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University