From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:17:46 -0700
I've watched this thread with interest.  I have little
time to  spend on the list, I have an old slow
computer, and because I was interested, amused, and
often disturbed by many opinions and wanted to read
them, I got a couple of weeks behind.  I had a lot of
thoughts as it was going on  but I was two weeks
behind and didn't want to prolong the conversation.
So I won't now even though I'm finally caught up,
except to make the observation that the Internet is an
interesting tool.

Please hear in the following a quiet, calm voice
making an observation:  Because we are not sitting in
a room together looking at expressions and hearing
voice inflections, we can assume any we wish and say
anything we wish without seeing the anger or hurt on
someone else's face.  I'm more uncomfortable at the
name calling and generalizations I read on the list
than I am by a bare breast in a gallery, though I
think there are better places to nurse one's hungry
infant  (does that mean, now, that I hate children or
have a clear intention of avoiding serving the public
or responding to their needs?  Absolutely not).  The
Internet is a marvelous gift that makes life easier
and more interesting in some ways.  But it can also
bring out the worst in people.  This is not a response
to any one post, but to about 5 years of them.

Perhaps that's a dime's worth.
Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Contract Curator