From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 16:28:29 GMT
On Aug 06, 1996 18:16:53, 'Anita G Cohen-Williams <[log in to unmask]>'
wrote:

>And who can forget (after having seen it) the incredible urinal in the
>Madonna Inn, located north of San Luis Obispo! (Actually, I haven't seen
>it, but have heard tales of the marvelous construction, the multilevels,
>the waterfalls and bubbling waters...)

...as described in Umberto Eco's _Travels in Hyper-Reality_.

I know an elderly woman who was having lunch with some acquaintences in a
restaurant.  They were working on plumbing in the ladies' restroom at that
time, so everyone who needed a restroom had do use the men's room that day.
 On returning from the men's room this woman had a very puzzled look on her
face.  Her companions asked what was the matter.  She answered that that
was the very first time she had ever been in a men's room.  She must not
have known what a urinal was, because she reported to her friends that she
knew that the restaurant help had to wash their hands when they were in the
bathroom, but she didn't know that they also had to wash their feet.
--

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant