From:
Heather McClenahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:07:54 -0600
Last year we instituted our first ever annual campaign (there's tons
of info on the web about non-profit annual campaigns). We solicited
our members, the members of the Chamber of Commerce, and a long list
of folks who weren't members but we thought should have been (names
given by board members and other friends). It was an overwhelming
success. This year's campaign is on track to do even better. We went
from running a deficit to finishing the fiscal year in the black plus
some. It's a nice feeling! The bulk of the work and expense was
mailing, but it paid for itself many times over.

Heather McClenahan, museum assistant/web master
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1921 Juniper St.