From:
Sylvia Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 09:15:29 -0400
Roger Smith wrote:

> Greetings Museum-L'ers,
>
> A friend and colleague in Rhineland is putting together an exhibition and is
> keen to contact scientists in the U.S.A. to help him prepare an exhibition
> about German emigration to the States from the beginning of the seventeenth
> century to the present day(be it for religious, political or economic
> reasons). A great project which will be shown in three exhibition halls in
his
> openair museum in 2001.
>
> If you are able to assist or make recommendations about indivudals, interest
> groups or communities that may be able to assist, please contact me directly
> and I forward your responses.
>
> Roger Smith
> Chairman of ICOM New Zealand

When I was a student at the Milwaukee Public Museum, Milwaukee Wisconsin
over 10 years ago, my student group did a very small 3 case exhibition
on emmigration to Wisconsin.  Milwaukee itself has some German Heritage
and the Milwaukee Public Museum has some related materials in its
collection.  They might be of assistance and might be able to recommentd
other local resources or scholars from the University of Wisconsin.

A good first person to Contact at the Milwaukee Public Museum would be
Mr. Carter Lupton.  The General number at the museum is 414-278-2700 or
write to 800 West Wells St., Milwaukee, WI  53233

Good luck it sounds like a neat project

Sylvia S. Duggan
Assistant Registar, Loans
The University of Pennsylvania Museum or Archaeology and Anthropology