From:
Sheldon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 14:35:45 -0500
I don't know any of the arrangements ASTC has with Compuserv, we're
just members who volunteered to try out the service in exchange for
the useage credit and software, and we have to fill out an evaluation
form after the trial period.  However, there's not alot of discussion
yet to justify the charges we'll be incurring after the trial period.
 Small museums like ourselves may not stay.  Personally, I'd prefer
just one place to link to each day.  When I post questions here,
I get help; I'll have to hold judgement on the Compuserv board. I
would like it better if it were free during the link to ASTC, with
usage charges only if we left their forum.  As structured, it seems
a bit like strategy for Compuserv to extract $$$ from science museums,
rather than a public service (it isn't).