From:
"Ginger M. Young" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:29:43 EDT
I believe that someone just wrote about not being able to break into the
museum world without "knowing someone on the inside".  I beg to differ!  It
took me months of hard work sending out resumes, sending out letters and
resumes to people and places that might not even be hiring, etc. just to get
my foot in the door.  And before these past few months of looking I have put
in years of hard work at museums during my undergrad and grad. years.  But,
that hard work paid off and I now have a great job I am very happy about and
looking forward to starting in January (after graduation).

I think one needs to keep an open mind and be willing to relocate almost
anywhere!  You also have to use any resource available to you (the internet is
a great place to start!).  I know I must sound like a lot of ppl out there,
but I wanted to give some hope to those just starting out!  It IS possible to
find a job fresh out of grad school, you just have to put your mind to it and
a little luck doesn't hurt either!  I wish ya'll the best!  Please feel free
to email me at [log in to unmask] if you would like to know about some of the
websites I have used over the months!

Ginger M. Young