From:
"D. Neil Bremer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:35:19 -0600
I love it...in the midst of discussing museums accomodating visitors...I
get this from my clipping service:

Getty Museum Short on Bathrooms
                         (AP Online; 03/16/98)

   LOS ANGELES (AP)   It's art in loo of bathrooms.

   They forgot to install enough bathrooms at the $1 billion Getty
Museum.
There are no restrooms in the North or South Pavilions and only one set
of
small bathrooms, with four stalls in the women's restroom, in the West
Pavilion.

   "This is one of those unfortunate things that can happen in large
construction projects. You realize you made a mistake well into the
project,
but by then it is too late," said Barbara Whitney, the Getty's associate
director for administration and public affairs.

   Long lines outside the women's restrooms are common on busy weekends
at the
architecturally grand Getty, where crowds have been running at 5,000 to
8,000.

   There are no immediate plans to solve the bathroom shortage, Whitney
said,
since adding portable toilets is out of the question. They just wouldn't
fit
in, she said.

   But in the long term, more bathrooms are at the top of the museum's
list of
things to do.

   The good news: Drinking fountains are scarce, too.

Evidently, if you love fine art and understand museums, you never have
to pee again...

--
D. Neil Bremer
Bremer Communications