From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:51:38 -0700
La Brea is now the George S. Page Museum (see link
below), and it's not dinosaurs.  Fossils, but not
dinosaurs.

http://www.tarpits.org/

Quote from the FAQ:

Have the remains of any dinosaurs ever been found at
La Brea?
No. Dinosaurs are not found at Rancho La Brea.
Dinosaurs were 65 million years extinct by the time
the entrapment record began at La Brea. Los Angeles,
in addition, was submerged beneath ocean waters during
the reign of the dinosaurs. And lastly, the fossils
unearthed at La Brea belong primarily to extinct
mammals and birds; dinosaurs were reptiles.

But it IS a cool place nonetheless.  Just watch where
you walk when you go there, and don't sit on the
ground because that tar oozes up through the sidewalks
and onto everything.  And enjoy the bubbles.  (I used
to tell the grandbabies we were going there to watch
the dinosaur (insert the word that rhymes with parts
and means flatus).  They would get such a tickle out
of that one!

--- Francis French <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> La Brea is one of the best exhibits to visit, indeed
> - better than many
> dinosaur exhibits I have seen - but the oldest
> finding there is "only"
> 40,000 years old - Ice Age.
>
> Francis French
> Education Programs Coordinator
> Reuben H Fleet Science Center
> PO Box 33303, San Diego, California 92163
> www.rhfleet.org
> Tel: (619) 238 1233 ext: 808
> Fax: (619) 685 5771
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414