From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:22:14 -0400
Enough!

Let's face it, architects are human.  What about those who have
architect-designed homes that just don't work --- despite endless
conferences during the design & spec process?  Then there are architects who
must work within governmental guidelines that are applied no matter what the
purpose of the building is to be.

I stick with a museum's choosing an architectural firm that has prior museum
experience, or insisting that the firm bring in such a consulting
architect -- and placing responsibility for effective staff-architect
dialogue in the hands of the museum CEO.
University faculty and museum staff -- left in charge -- can really drive up
the price of construction unnecessarily.  It's a checks & balances system,
compromises, and -- yes -- some errors, but mostly home runs.