From:
Punk Librarian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:02:48 -0700
any kind of ink or paint used on glass will eventually come off,
impossible to know how long.  longest results will come from the
enamel paint pens i mentioned.

etching and hot branding would be the most permanent solutions.
however, its not reversible, so i would be very careful about choosing
a discreet location or simply not doing it all.

could you use stickers?  like a stencil cut decal, this way you could
avoid having to stick something blank on and then writing.  or even a
window tint that you could cut yourself.  if ever peeled off, any
residue would be easy to remove and most likely not damage the glass
in any way.