From:
Michael Paggie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:43:58 -0600
Joshua,

The Madison Art Center acted as caretaker to the Segal sculpture "Gay
Liberation" from 1987 to 1990 while the decision to place the piece in New
York City was being discussed. The piece was placed in a Madison park during
that period and we received conservation help from the foundry that cast the
piece.
I suggest you write to them directly:

Johnson Atelier Technical Institute
60 Ward Ave. Extension
Mercerville, NJ 08619
609-890-7777

At 05:39 PM 3/6/96 GMT, you wrote:
>I am presently writing a paper analyzing the themes explored by Geroge
>Segal in his sculptural environments, but think it would be interesting
>to dicuss any conservation issues...those plaster casts must be
>particularly difficult to store and display without risk. If anyone has
>experience or knowledge of any such difficulties, please contact me.
>Thank you in advance,
>
>--
>Joshua Heuman

 Michael Paggie