From:
Yves Sévigny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:47:27 -0400
A local legend states that the Cosmodome is built on an ancient indian
Cemetery. Our building has been the first one built here, in the middle of
farm fields and small wooded area. None of this is left as we are now in the
middle of an urban suburb (which is unpractical for launching rockets but
this is another story).

So, as the legend says, there was a burial site on the location of the
Cosmodome and... the building is said to be haunted. This start as a joke
among the staff but some strange things happens once in a while. Today, some
of the staff hates sleeping here because of this.

For example, we have lights turning on in the middle of the night while
there is no one in the building except a lonely security officer. When this
happens those light as to be turn off more than once in a night. Doors that
have been locked (and double locked) strangely becomes unlocked. At night,
there is also a collection of strange sounds coming from the building (built
in 1994...). Maintenance guys keep telling us that it is the ventilation
system but the thing is creepy at times as it sounds like something gnawing
at the vents, or walking loudly in the ducks, or even slamming heavily on
it. Add it the unidentifiable whispery, squikly sounds here and there, you
have a good mix for an haunted building.

Yves
Space Science Centre Supervisor
Cosmodome de Laval
Laval, Quebec, Canada