Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:47:23 CDT
(Apologies if this is a repeat message; I can't quite tell
what it was that got sent)

This is a belated response to Kevin Donovan's post of
July 6 regarding the AAM's criteria for session chairs
and panelists at their Annual Meeting.  The "rules" have
been slightly changed so that an individual who provides
commercial services may not *normally* chair a panel, but
exceptions will be made for really good reasons.  Additionally,
it is no longer necessary to have more than one commercial
representative on the panel, so long as it is clear that the
person will talk about the topic and not do a sales pitch on
any of their products or services (and yes, that has happened).
If Kevin - or anyone else - is still interested in putting
together a panel on digital imaging, please contact either me
or Annita Andrick (Chair of the AAM's Media and Technology
Committee) and we'll be glad to work with you (and even find
you a museum person to chair).  The deadline for submission
is August 18...

Janice Klein, The Field Museum
Chair, Registrars Committee of the AAM