From:
Adrian Wortley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:55:11 -0500
Dear YASUI R.

As you may or may not know, Canada has an extremely rich railway heritage.
It has been suggested that a country as vast and diverse as this one would
never have been brought together in confederation had it not been for the
promise of steel rails to link the country from sea to sea. By extension,
virtually every community, big or small, especially on the Prairies, has a
railway station. Now that the railways in Canada have decreased their
passenger services enormously, many of these smaller communities have
railway stations that are unserviced. Thus, many of these communities have
bought the stations from the Canadian Pacific or Canadian National Railways
and turned them into small community museums. While I do not have a list of
these museums, I'm sure if you were to contact the Canadian Museums
Association or provincial organizations like the Association of Manitoba
Museums, they would be able to help you out.

Adrian Wortley

Adrian Wortley
Visitor Services
St. Norbert Arts & Cultural Centre