From:
MARK FOWLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:49:01 -0800
Recently, I attended a conference where a fellow from the San Diego Zoo
Graphics dept. gave a presentation on the signage at the zoo.

As you can imagine they have a large variety of signage (mostly)
outdoors.  The one technique that I found interesting was a
photo-etching on stone.  They had great detail are very durable.  They
work with a local vendor (I don't know who) but the interesting thing is
it is the same "technology" that grave headstone suppliers are using.
For this reason I would suggest that you contact someone locally
involved in this business and maybe they can give you a local supplier
of photo-etching.

OK, your probably thinking, do I really want a headstone in my park?
Actually, if the stone tablet is thin enough (about 1" thick) it doesn't
look like a headstone.  I would also suggest that you avoid putting a
round top on them :)

Just a suggestion.

-Mark-

**************************************