From:
Brenda Weatherston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 10:49:14 +0000
With less than a week to go before we have to confirm our room
reservation go at "The Haven" on Gabriola Island, we wanted to enourage
those of you who have expressed an interest in the retreat on "Shaping
Futures/Managing Change" with Sharilyn Ingram to let us know if you're
able to participate. While we've received lots of enquiries, we only
have a few registrations to date, and would be very sorry to have to
cancel what promises to be a very stimulating session. Here is the
course information:

SHAPING FUTURES, MANAGING CHANGE: A RETREAT FOR SENIOR MUSEUM AND
HERITAGE MANAGERS Bring your knowledge, experience, anxieties and
visions-along with your beach shoes-to The Haven on Gabriola Island
for a productive, highly focused learning session with your
colleagues. In this intensive workshop, you will focus on management
approaches that help you and your institution respond to current
challenges and implement changes that ensure your institutional (and
individual) survival. Sharilyn Ingram draws on her extensive museum
and human resource management experience to provide a framework in
which you can discuss, debate and analyze the problems that are
confronting you and shape creative strategies for leadership and
effective change. The Haven provides an environment in which you can
take a brief respite from the demands of your office to focus,
reflect, build new perspectives, strengthen collegial networks, and
master new management skills.

Participants: Museum, gallery and heritage site directors and senior
managers, with a minimum of five years experience.

Facilitator: Sharilyn Ingram is the newly appointed Director of the
Royal Botanical Gardens; she has directed major change processes at
several Canadian institutions, including the Art Gallery of Ontario,
the Vancouver Museum, and the National Museums of Canada Dates:
November 27-29 Location: The Haven, an educational retreat centre on
Gabriola Island near Nanaimo, British Columbia Please register by:
October 18 Fee: $545, including accommodation, meals and taxes, based
on double occupancy in two-room cabins. Single accommodation in lodge
rooms can be arranged for an additional $44. Joy Davis Cultural
Resource Management Program (8462)

For Program Information, please visit our web site at
http://www.uvcs.uvic.ca/crmp/