From:
Scott Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:07:52 -0500
>>Hi, Scott!
>>
>>    You never know who you'll meet on a listserve! Have you already
tried
>>mothballs [as a squirrel repellant]?

Hello Sue. Wonderful to read your post.  Yes, small world on listserve!

I have traditionally used mothballs with mixed results. They seem to
work best in small, enclosed spaces such as closed cars with the windows
up.  On open cars, I've attached the side curtains to create a
semi-enclosed space.  Elsewhere around the garage, mice and other
rodents seem to not be bothered by mothballs.

There are two types of moth-repellant:  paradichlorobenzene and
naphthalene. You can get either balls or crystals.  Each has its own
odor and what smells good or bad to us is not necessarily the same to
the mice or squirrels.

Anyway, I was curious as to what ideas others had.  Apparently there is
no universal solution.

--Scott