From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:02:39 -0400
As an employee of a major museum, I can safely say, no we neither followed
up on this posting nor would we EVER follow up on such a posting. Our HR
department has plenty to do responding to those people who send in resumes
people.

Frankly in this job market, we can be picky. Qualified entry-level
candidates come to us. Beyond posting our openings in the "usual places" we
don't need to go hunting for them.

Please note I specifically said "Entry level" because that's the type of
position we seem to be discussing.

Diane

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of any institution with
which I am affiliated.

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:31:15 -0400, Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Dave, Lara and James. and perhaps others:

<snip>

>I'd be curious to know if any staff in the major metropolitan museums
have, in fact, followed up as if the U.Va. graduate degree were all that
they needed to know about the job-seeker?