From:
Marshall Duell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:06:39 -0800
My hunch is that the inscription on the pitcher refers to Dungannon,
Virginia.  It's a small town near the Tennessee border, not far from the
home of Andrew Johnson.  I really don't have a thorough knowledge of the
Civil War to tell you much about its military history.

Dungannon is also the name of a town in Northern Ireland, a very small
area that provided a huge number of American immigrants in the
eighteenth century.

Marshall Duell
Curator, Old Courthouse Museum
211 W. Santa Ana Blvd.