From:
Stephen Brand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:14:52 EDT
I was just putting together this list for one of my clients.  If you are
looking for a position or looking to post a position, these are great
resources.  There are more that are mentioned on these sites as links.

I thought that it would be helpful to those not aware of the options.

> 1)    AAM -- Aviso.  This is the most read job newsletter for a wide range
museum professionals.  Check out the following web site for information.  I
think
> it comes out in print monthly.  http://www.aam-us.org/classified%20.htm
>
> 2)    ASTC Newsletter.  This is the most important resource for science
> center professionals.  They have both a print and a web version.  I would
> recommend both. Here is the infomation you need for this.
>   http://www.astc.org/resource/price.htm
>
> 3)    ASTC Listserve -- This is a list serve for science center
> professionals.  Just send in an email and they will send it to everyone on
> their list.  This list has lots of legs.  [log in to unmask]
>
> 4)    AAM listserve -- a similar list that goes to both science center and
> other types of museum professionals.  [log in to unmask]
>
> 5)    MERC -- Museum Employment Resource Center -- This is a also a good
> place to list the positions.
>
>   http://w3.trib.com/~jamesal/postjob.html
>
> 6)    Museum Educator List Serve  [log in to unmask]  Send an email to this
> person and ask how to send the email listing to the educator listserve.
>
> 7)    Global Museum
>   global museum will post position vacancies on this site at no charge, but
>    donation of $US 5.bill  .... per posting is encouraged, to help support
this site.

>      ....global museum accepts no responsibility for the validity and
> accuracy of this information
>
> send your job postings to global museum by clicking on the address below

8)  You also might want to contact ASTC and AAM.  THey have career centers at
their annual conferences.  ASTC is coming up at the end of this month.

This is a very good site for listing positions.

Good luck,

Stephen Brand
President and Chief Imagination Officer
The New Enterprise Factory, Inc.