From:
Susannah West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:40:03 -0500
Those of you who know the Roberson Museum and Science Center in Binghamton,
NY are probably familiar with the Loomis Collection, the large collection of
mounted birds and mammals.  Although my dad, Floyd West, is a volunteer
(he's 85), his title is Curator of the Loomis Collection.  He was
instrumental in getting Lee Loomis to give the collection to Roberson while
he was still teaching biology at Broome Community College, and is
responsible for coming up with ideas for exhibits using items from the
collection.  My favorites have been "Birds of the Bible" and "The Wind in
the Willows."

Somebody mentioned that volunteers probably check their e-mail; my parents,
though they have taken ''intro to computers" and "intro to the Internet"
type courses, have no interest in owning a computer themselves.

Susannah West