From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:50:27 -0500
In a message dated 95-12-11 12:39:25 EST, [log in to unmask] (Anita
Cohen-Williams) writes:

>Ok, now I am confused. From the recent discussion, I assumed that NAGPRA
>applies only to material found either on Federal land, or by
federally-funded
>projects. If this is true, then why is there such a fuss going on?

Unfortunately, this is not true. Call AAM and ask for their updates. You can
also get a copy of NAGPRA from any library with govt docs. NAGPRA, like most
HR docs, is very tricky to interpret and leaves many areas open to debate.

- Adrienne