From:
Lenora Henson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:02:57 -0500
Hi Everyone -

The bank adjacent to our house museum is scheduled for demolition sometime
next spring.  Note that when I say "adjacent," I mean that the bank stands
a mere 12 feet away from the most historic rooms in the museum -- you know,
the ones with the great bay window, the original chandeliers, and several
thousand books lining the shelves in the library.

Thus far, no one has been able to tell me what to expect in terms of dust
and debris, not to mention the possibility of shaking/vibrations caused by
whatever equipment is used to take down the building.  I'm hoping that
someone out there has dealt with a similar situation might be able to give
me some guidance/advice.  What are best practices for...protecting the
building and windows? ...limiting the amount of dust and debris that gets
into the building and onto the collections? ....moving or protecting the
collections?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to contact me off list.

Thanks so much,
- Lenora

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Lenora M. Henson
Curator - Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS
641 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY  14202
Phone: (716) 884-0095 x14
Fax: (716) 884-0330