From:
DCORBETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 12:41:14 +0000
>The following is an example of what presents itself as a public >interest
>message crossing the line that separates a notice in the public >interest
>from private self-promotion.  What appears below is self-serving
>advertising, is mildly offensive, and is only slightly more tolerable >than
>a spam offering for sale time-share condos in Mexico.  Too bad, >because the
>book looks interesting.

Seems to me, Mr. Baron the fact that you find the book looks interesting is
probably the reason why it has been announced that it is available. The museum
world in Canada is undergoing an incredible period of change as institutions
are structured, restructured, and then restructured again to meet every
increasing demands for products and services and while, at the same time trying
to cope with massive funding cuts at all levels of government. Any institution
that can, and is willing, to share its advice and experiences should certainly
be welcomed by anyone  going through what the Glenbow has already experienced.
They are not 'self promoting', they are offering advice. The fact that it is a
publication for sale is simply indicative of the 'revenue generating' times in
which we now live.