From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:42:56 -0400
non porous materials are marked using the Nail polish & ink pen method - you
lay a thin coat of clear nail polish or other non-yellowing varnish and
using a dip pen and india ink, write the number, let dry and cover with a
final coat of varnish. A similar method using the varnish technique is that
you can replace the india ink by typing out the number and reducing it in
size on the photocopier and placing that on the varnish instead.

But this should be done on non-porous materials only. ceramic, metals, etc.

Carol Reid
Canadian War Museum