From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 00:14:21 -0400
Sometimes a post just makes an unabashedly excellent point. The US press is
guilty of distorting the issues of war and looting. That is more often true,
than not.

One, the U.S. press, as a whole, did not dwell much on the point that the
war on Iraq was illegal from the point-of-view of international law.
Hitler's cronies used the "preemptive war" defense at Nurnberg, and it was
found to be lacking.

Two, the press has also largely ignored the question of US legal obligation
of protecting the civilian population, the hospitals and cultural
institutions.

I am however, puzzled how these significant distortions are "liberal." I did
not know that liberals believe in wholesale violations of law. I also don't
quite understand how the sniper case relates to a war and shows the press'
"dislike" of Bush et al.

Perhaps my problem is that I am in the 99% of those who are not as well
educated as other folk on the list. Perhaps that is why I don't know words
such as "irregardless".

The joy I receive from the list is through furtherance of my benighted
education.
NB