From:
Steve Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:06:26 -0400
What's a preposition for?
If not to end a sentence with?

On the first day of kindergarden (45 years ago) I recited a poem I had heard
my Dad recite, and my teacher nearly had a stroke.

Her has gone,
Her has went,
Her has left I all alone.
Must I always come to she?
Can her never go to I?
No, it could never was.

My French teacher told me I had the potential of being every bit as bad in
French as I was in English.

Isn't it ironic that I grew up to write a couple of books and over 30
professional articles, I've seen the finest art in Paris and Florence while
working for their cultural institutions, I'm a consultant to Harvard
University, and I still end my sentences with prepositions!

Now all I need is a spell, grammar and preposition checker on my emailer!

Thank goodness you curators have low expectations of us security people.

Steve Keller
Security Consultant