From:
Laura Dickstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:16:37 -0500
I am hoping someone out there can help me.  I am trying to find the Tiffany
Foundation Art Guild Archives.  From 1918 to the 1930s (?), Louis Comfort
Tiffany's Long Island estate was opened to artists-in-residences.  Artists
had to apply with three letters of support, which, I am guessing should
make interesting reading as these letter might have been written by the top
artists of the day including those that taught at New York's Students Art
League (i.e. Gifford Beal,Kenneth Hayes Miller,Thomas Benton, Hans Hoffamn,
William Zorach, George Grosz).  I have ready contacted The Morse Museum in
Winter Park, the Tiffany Foundation on Greene Street in NYC, and the
Cornell Fine Arts MUseum located on the campus of Rollins College. Each of
these locations sent me to the other location, so I am back to square one.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to who might have these archives?

Thanks.

Laura J. Dickstein