From:
"B. Broidy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:51:42 -0500
My first time writing in but have been watching over the past year how helpful everyone is. Throwing this out to the community...

I'm writing a strategic plan for implementing iBeacon technology into an art museum undergoing a $40 million renovation and expansion.

Are there any professionals out there who were involved in the design, decision-making, implementation and/or subsequent use of such a system in your museum who would be able to share some information with me sometime between now and Sunday?

I'm interested in the learning more about the pros and cons of WiFi vs. Bluetooth installation as well as the specific ways in which you are using the technology (to grow membership, in exhibitions, gathering data etc.)

What is your museum using the technology for the most?
Why do you love it? (or not)
What would you do differently if planning these projects again?
What uses would you like to add to what your museum is already doing?
How has it helped your department? Or what department(s) have gained the most from installing the technology?
Any surprises along the way?

I don't mind talking to you if you prefer -

Thank you in advance!

Barbra Broidy
MA Candidate, Museum Studies and Nonprofit Mgt.
Johns Hopkins University
561-445-3696