From:
Kelsey Perrigo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2016 14:17:22 -0600
Hello everyone,

I've been tasked with cleaning up some of the photographs and
paintings in our collection. Many of these photographs are labeled as
"Photos" in PastPerfect, but remain in their frame and have been
placed with objects in movable storage. These are often photographs of
people and would be better suited in archives where we can care for
them better (most of these frames are cheap, falling apart, soiled,
and expose the photograph to rusty nails and staples.) Additionally,
they are taking up valuable space in movable storage.

The frames are not accessioned separately. The records in PastPerfect
occasionally mention the frames, but often do not. I have been
discarding the offending frames (just of the miscellaneous
photographs, not of paintings or portraits) and relocating those
photographs to archives. Have I been remiss in doing so? Is there
anything I else I should consider while tackling this project?

Thanks,
Kelsey