From:
cherylbranyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:39:56 -0600
Greetings.  I haven't followed this thread as I am still on vacation, but I
wanted to share our local cemetery tours.  For several years the Natchez,
Mississippi city cemetery has conducted evening tours with living history
presentations at several graves along the way. I think that this could be
done in partnership with a museum as a museum program.   It takes A LOT of
work and research to organize, I'm told, but it is a sell out each year
making thousands of dollars.  The tour provides researched information and
is a great learning experience. Great effort is made by the committee to
have the interpreters/actors be related somehow to the deceased.  After the
living history presentation, the presenter briefly explains who they are and
their personal connection to the deceased. In addition to accurate costume,
the presentations are very creative, musicians play music, dancers perform,
and Civil War cavalry are mounted on live horses, etc. Check out
www.natchezcitycemetery.com and click "cemetery tours" and look for "Angels
on the Bluff."