From:
James Tichgelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:43:11 -0600
Perhaps this is the greatest weakness of the creationist argument.
Darwin published over 150 years ago, but his work is still the focus of
attack.  Advances in statistics, genetics, chemistry, physics,
paleontology, archaeology, and other scientific disciplines have
contributed to our understanding of evolution, and the theory (unlike
creationism) has been modified as new evidence has become available.  No
one in the scientific community accepts Darwin as gospel, but as the
starting point of a line of inquiry that has been refined by the work of
countless dedicated scientists in the intervening years.  Where debate
exists today in scientific circles, it is about the pace and mechanisms
of evolutionary change, but the evidence for evolutionary change is
overwhelming.

For more on Darwin's Black Box, check out
http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/dave/Behe_links.html

--
James H Tichgelaar
Registrar, Arkansas State University Museum

"All we ever wanted was everything.  All we ever got was cold."