From:
Meredith Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 17:41:38 -0400
Internship Announcement

International Public Art Marlborough (IPA) is currently looking for one or
more interns to assist on a flexible part-time/full-time basis with project
development and general arts administration needs.

IPA is a solely-owned corporation of Marlborough Gallery Inc. committed to
the development of international public art projects, with an emphasis on the
integration of art, architecture, and the urban and natural environments.

We provide a range of services that include development, project planning,
project management and oversight with a special emphasis on the means and
methods for selecting art and artists, as well as management of artwork
fabrication, installation, quality control, collections and exhibition
curation, conservation, presentation, communications and specialized
financial services.

We are looking for interns with the following background and interest:
*  Strong interest in arts management, knowledge of contemporary art and art
history useful
*  Excellent computer skills on an IBM-compatible, Windows-based system.
 Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Photoshop preferable
*  Highly organized and attentive to detail
*  Knowledge of foreign languages may be advantageous for research and
project work

We have a small and very high-energy staff, and will be moving to our new
offices in Chelsea this spring.  Passion, personal drive and professionalism
are three of the mosst important qualities for our colleagues to share, and a
sense of humor is required.

Stipend and monthly transitchek are available, and school credit may be
arranged.

Please mail, fax or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:

Ms. Meredith Fisher
Project Executive
International Public Art Marlborough
40 West 57th Street