From:
Fiona Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:56:21 -0800
Ms. Tuttle,

I received your packet on the Bertrand's combs today. Thank
you very much. How fortunate that most of them had the
company name and date on it!! I wish the combs we recovered
from the privy had the same markings! I have one comb that
has 'Imperial Fine Comb' on it but the rest of the combs
are unmarked. The privy dates to about 1870, but was filled
over the space of several years. I am trying to find out
whether the combs I have are plastic or rubber. Would you
know of a technique for finding this out?

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it,

Fiona