From:
George Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:15:35 -0700
Jay,

On a different tack, you may want to read the two books written by two
writers of exceptional insight and analytical ability:

http://www.samharris.org/

Harris' book is a tour de force in incontravertible logic. It explores
the origin of belief systems, the source of ethics theory and the
effect of faith on human development and the Worl'd problems today.

http://www.wolframscience.com/

Wolfram's book develops the origins of patterns as they relate to just
about everything in the Cosmos. From the origins of apparent randomness
in physical systems, to the development of complexity in biology. From
the interplay between free will and determinism, and the character of
intelligence in the universe.

Both of these books require commitment on behalf of the reader, as they
are NOT filled with sematics and fluff. Every word in every sentence is
there for a reason and demands to be read in context and understood.
The books are both a tough slug, but the rewards of understanding is
priceless. I recommending them both to anyone with a serious
intellectual investment in learning.

Happy 4th to everyone!

George

George Schwartz, Senior Conservator
ConservArt

--- Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For those who wish to engage in or be informed about the theoretical
> search
> for divine causation and/or direction of creation, read mythology,
> religious
> texts, and study chaos theory.
>
> Try searching at Google for:
>
>         "chaos theory" "intelligent design"

George Schwartz
ConservArt - Master Frame Makers and Art Conservators
http://www.ConservArt.com
8177 Glades Road #16 - Boca Raton, FL 33434 U.S.A.
Tel:(561)482-7292 - Fax:(561)482-6787
mailto:[log in to unmask]

*** Tired of Spam? Checkout Email Defense!

http://www.lanechange.net/html/email_defense.shtml